Trump Orders Reduction of US-South Korea Joint Exercises, Hints at US-North Korea Dialogue

US President Donald Trump stated at the White House on August 17 that the DPRK State Affairs Commission Chairman Kim Jong Un responded to his request for USA-DPRK dialogue.

When asked whether Chairman Kim Jong Un had been unresponsive to his dialogue proposal, Donald Trump said, “Yes, he has.” Asked what stage the conversations with Kim were at, Trump said “it’s very positive.”

President Donald Trump stated on social media, “I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, to substantially reduce the Joint Military Exercises.” He claimed that “These exercises are not only costly, with much of these costs paid for by the United States of America, but send a signal that is totally inappropriate and hostile, to a Country that, as long as Donald J. Trump has been President, has been unthreatening and respectful.”

However, Donald Trump did not disclose when or in what manner Chairman Kim Jong Un responded to him.

The World Anti-imperialist Platform